Thursday, October 20, 2011

Okay. I admit it. I am one of those people who wonders why I am so slow in creating, and, it turns out, I needed a little more organization than I had. The act of becoming an artist tends to be an organic process, without planning, without blueprint, one just keeps adding and adding.

And then one day, you look at what your "work-space" looks like and shake your head in shame. Things are piled on top of other things, and all these things are in your current work, but oh wait, let me explain. What happened was I kept adding new disciplines to my repertoire, each building on the one that preceded it. However, my work-space did not grow. 


So I was reading a copy of Jewelry Artist, and there was this article about getting organized. I suddenly realized my life would be so improved if I just added some drawers to my work table. I then started hunting for drawers to hang. You would thing this would be simple, but it turns out, not quite as easy as I thought.


To make a long story short, I found what I wanted at Home Depot, have ordered them, and have already figured out how to use them to my best advantage. 


That said, there is a question that haunts me. What will I do if my repertoire grows again?

No comments:

Post a Comment